D300 / 200-400 VR
LaSalle Park Burlington, Ontario, Canada
hand held, natural light, 75% of ff

It was nice to see the flat water as my friend Karl Egressy and our families
enjoyed the morning at the marina a few days ago., warm sunshine, and
beautiful birds make for a great day.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Very cool, the calm water and reflection makes this one for me. I might crop a bit off the bottom.

Karl Egressy
03-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Fantastic picture, Ray. The perfectly calm water and the reflection makes the picture.
Nice shooting with you on Saturday, Ray.

Peter Hawrylyshyn
03-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Ray
Very nicely done - lovely reflections and sharp details
I might have cropped a bit more off the right side or added more water in front of the bird on the left to convey a better sense of swimming into the picture
Two other minor suggestions (if you're OK with cloning) - remove bright reflection at front of eye and add sharpening to make it stand out more, and also clone out some of the highly reflective water droplets on inner part of green head/nape
Nice to see warmer weather around here
Thanks for sharing
PH

joel quenneville
03-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Beautiful light, water, reflection and bird. I would suggest placing to bird lower in the frame and adding some canvas to the left. Congratulations, you have a nice portrait here.

denise ippolito
03-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Raymond, The still water along with the reflection is super!

Ákos Lumnitzer
03-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Love that reflection. Super sharp, exquisite details and I would leave it if it were mine. :)

Raymond Barlow
03-29-2009, 08:56 PM
thanks for the nice comments everyone.. I personally found this image to be a little dark. I am fine with cloning, but usually will leave an image alone unless it is something really distracting... I do agree some added canvas on the left would help this image., thanks again.

And Karl., I have been showing off your book to everyone, everyone is really impressed with your images.

Stu Bowie
03-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Amazing reflection captured in perfect calm water. You have also exposed this very well. Great image Raymond.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Absolutely stunning Raymond. Beautiful species and I love the gorgeous reflections. excellent detail and exposure. Congratulations.