PDA

View Full Version : Bateleur Eagle

John Harper
01-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi There

Thought I would post a portrait shot of a juvenile Bateleur Eagle called "Goose" again taken at the Hawk Conservancy last July. Light was filtering through the leaves of trees near to his enclosure.

John

EOS1DMKIIN
EF 500mm F4L
ISO 400
1/160 @ F5.6

http://www.portviewfitout.co.uk/bat-eagle.jpg

David Steele
01-28-2008, 01:21 PM
A very good portait John. You must photograph hime again when he matures!

Brian Wong
01-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi John!

I love the colors and the details really pop out! Looks nice and sharp to me. I also like how the background color complements his face.

Lana Hays
01-28-2008, 05:54 PM
John
I really like the detail and the "in your face" approach. Beautiful colors and oh, so sharp. I'm probably in a minority here but I might have a nit with how bright the patch of light is on the feathers......perhaps tone it down a little?

Axel Hildebrandt
01-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Great details and nice to see both eyes. I agree with Lana regarding the bright patch.

Alfred Forns
01-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Another vote for toning the light patch Dramatic portrait and perfect crop from my end !!! Congrats !!!

John Harper
01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi There

Thanks to everyone for their positive comments, on toning down the light patch would this best be done with the burn tool or maybe a selection and using curves or levels. My lack of Photoshop Skills is legend :) but i am here to learn so if anyone can advise on this particular issue it would be appreciated.

John

Lana Hays
01-29-2008, 04:44 PM
John
Did you shoot this as a RAW image? I highlighted the area and just tried to burn, along wiith a couple of other things and I could darken but the color was a gray rather than the beautiful rust color. This might be best worked with in RAW. I'll check with some others that have more skill in this.