PDA

View Full Version : GBH Fishing

Indranil Sircar
03-28-2009, 07:08 PM
I shot this just before sunset... a better head angle would have been nicer. Here are the settings..

40D, Sigma 50-500 @500
1/500 sec, f/6.3, ISO 800, Av mode, exp comp 0

Cleaned up the water and reduced background noise. Your comments will be appreciated...

~ Indranil

Doug Brown
03-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi Indranil. Always a bonus to get a fish in the GBH's bill. The bird is a little tight in the frame, and I might push the exposure a little further to the right. As you mentioned, a bit more eye contact would help. Thanks for posting!

Trey Barron
03-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Nice to get one with food in the mouth. I think taking a step right would have helped with this one (knowing that may have not been possible to do quickly). I would go a little brighter with it.

Indranil Sircar
03-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Doug, Trey, thanks for the feedback. Here is the original version without pano crop. I have increased the exposure by +1/3....

Daniel Cadieux
03-28-2009, 07:45 PM
I prefer the looser crop of the repost. Seeing that this is just before sunset, the original is likely closer to what you were seeing exposure-wise. A better head angle would have been great but with the angle of the light the face would have been in shadow, thus a better position by yourself relative to the light would have been in order.

Trey Barron
03-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Indrani, I think the repost looks much better.

Indranil Sircar
03-28-2009, 09:43 PM
A better head angle would have been great but with the angle of the light the face would have been in shadow, thus a better position by yourself relative to the light would have been in order. You are correct.. among other shots, the one with head turn is in shadow. I should have positioned myself further to my right in the water... well, next time! Thanks for the comment.