PDA

View Full Version : Beach Dunes

Jackie Schuknecht
03-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Tried to look around for a shot that would hold interest as a landscape. Not nearly as dramatic as some that have been posted but I went for a walk yesterday trying to find a shot anyways. Burned the ground in the middle, cropped a little off the top, also have it in colour but liked the sepia better.
f22
40D
1/60s
10-20 @20 Sigma
HH on the ground
+2/3 AV Mode Evaluative
It was a cloudless sky so I have added a cloud, hope to go back to the same place and photograph with some clouds in.

Robert Amoruso
03-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Jackie,

I think you designed a very pleasing image here. The FG dunegras flows up and to the left and right in the frame which leads the eye. The ripples in the sand lead the eye into the BG. I like the placement of the hill in the BG and the exposed dirt on it falls right in between two of the grass stalks - that's good.

I would never have known you added the cloud but I like how you did it and the direction it goes - mimics the grass going right. But the real icing on the cake is that shell. THe pattern on it is pleasing, catches the eye and gives it a place to enter the image.

Well done. ALso like the B&W toning look.

denise ippolito
03-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Jackie, Very nice composition and the cloud is great! Well done.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Nice work Jackie, the shell really does make the image.

Roman Kurywczak
03-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey Jackie,
I too like the placement of the grass and shell in the frame....I am debating the 2 blades going out the frame right......but it is minimal......I like the sepia tone.....and the only other recommendation I would make is to lighten the blade going up into the sky.....so it matches the tone of the other ones more closely. really nice job on the cloud too! You may want to try this with a bit lower light.....as this will further enhance the ripples in the sand. All in all...nicely composed!

Paul Marcellini
03-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Really nice comp Jackie. I like the shell and the reaching grass. The toning is a touch strong for my taste and I might bump contrast a touch, otherwise, very nicely done. Never would have guessed the cloud was added either.