PDA

View Full Version : "Lady Star Dust"

Gus Cobos
03-27-2009, 09:26 PM
“Lady Star Dust”

Note:
Two 24” black light fluorescent tubes were placed at 90-degree angles for a rich dark glow on the petals. Four fiber optic needle lights were positioned at sundry points from the back to high light the petals and give them contrasting tonal depth.

This exotic lady was painted with a Nikon D2x, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D, and a 20mm extension tube.

Image solution:
focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / metering mode- combination of in camera matrix metering, and hand held spot meter, sampling three anchor points, for balanced light distribution. / 1/25sec. - f/22 / ISO @ 200 / exposure comp @ -1.7EV / white balance @ manual, custom profile using an expo disk for light calibration / AF Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / no speedlight; used two 24" soft boxes, the first one at 90 degrees, with a 24" diffuser panel to tone down and balance the light. The second soft box was positioned from the top with corresponding diffuser. Two 24” gold silver reflector panels were positioned at 45-degree angles to balance out the lights and the shadows for depth perception. / Support platform – tripod assist, with macro focusing rail / cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Joseph Martines
03-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Gus:

You're killing me!!

I have just deleted three years of images and am now enrolling in kindergarten again.

Maybe the second time around I will learn something.

In the old days Mighty Mouse and Superman were my hero's.

This time around it will be Gus Cobos.

How can one critique such a beautiful image?

Thanks for sharing and setting such a high standard.

Mike Moats
03-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Hey Gus, the backlit highlights look great. Beautiful color and details.