PDA

View Full Version : I'm back. What's up with the snow.

Zenon Char
03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
They just got back a day or two ago when I took this on March 17. Getting tougher to select images to enter based on what I am learning. This goose is looking towards me and originally I cropped out the left and right sides tight to the bird but decided to rework that a bit. I think the lack of contrast between the background and the bird makes it a little bland but this is that time of year. Not my favorite but thought I'd post to show the magic of migration.

If I do not reply for the next several days I'm not being rude. Off to the cottage. No hydro, no internet.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/Zenon1/FWa11-1.jpg

Camera Model Canon EOS 50D
Firmware Firmware Version 1.0.3
Shooting Date/Time 03/17/09 14:18:54
Owner's Name
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1000
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 200
Auto ISO Speed OFF
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM
Focal Length 300.0mm
Image Size 4752x3168
Image Quality RAW
Flash Off
FE lock OFF
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode One-Shot AF
Picture Style Standard
Sharpness 3
Contrast 0
Saturation 0
Color tone 0
Color Space Adobe RGB
Long exposure noise reduction 0:Off
High ISO speed noise reduction 3:Disable
Highlight tone priority 0:Disable
Auto Lighting Optimizer 3:Disable
Peripheral illumination correction Disable
File Size 20308KB
Dust Delete Data No
Drive Mode Single shooting
Live View Shooting OFF
AF Microadjustment -3

Alfred Forns
03-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi Zenon I like it as presented The bg is fine for me Just would like to see the snow in the fg tone down a bit, parts have no detail.

Fine detail and sharpness on the bird and can't think of a better setting than snow !!!! Crop wise would like seeing a little more room up front Excellent image !!!

Zenon Char
03-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks. Yes the snow is pretty bright in the foreground. Usually I would look for that. Not sure why I ignored that this time but I'll work on that. I think that is about it for the front. No more image.

Fabs Forns
03-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Very nice formal portrait with godd habitat included, Nice light and composition. Thanks for sharing this one :)