PDA

View Full Version : Oxalis Flower

Richard Lovison
03-27-2009, 01:53 PM
http://richardlovison.com/photos/3270550.jpg

I noticed that our indoor Oxalis was flowering this morning so I placed it in front of the patio door, opened the blinds and took this shot. The flower is rather small... about 3/4 of an inch across the front.

Camera Info:
E-3; Vivitar Series 1 90-180mm Flat Field Zoom @ 180mm macro setting; 1/3 sec @f22; ISO 100; Manual exposure and focusing; tripod and cable release

Olympus Studio 2 RAW Conversion Info:
5300K WB; -1 tint; saturation 0; contrast 0; aRGB color space; sharpness -2; noise filter low

CS2 Info:
curves enhancement; cropping; dslr Fractal Sharpening (med sharp low iso); Nik output sharpening; conversion to sRGB

Julie Kenward
03-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Richard, it's lovely. What shocked me at first is how close this flower is to that inside a shamrock plant. Now I'm going to have to go find out if they are related!

Beautiful soft lighting and nice colors. The comp is beautiful with the way it arches from the the LRC to ULC. If I was going to get really really picky I'd say a little more detail in a few of the petals would have made it even stronger although I do like it as presented.

Joseph Martines
03-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Nice presentation.

I like it.

Great lighting.

Gus Cobos
03-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi Richard,
I like the the composition, image and capture...you display fine details and good color rendition...:cool: