PDA

View Full Version : Big Website Update - Portfolios/Workshops

Dave Taylor
03-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Greetings everyone. Well, I finally completed the switch over to a customized Wordpress template (designed by Graph Paper Press - www.graphpaperpress.com). The new site is more streamlined and holds a common theme throughout. From now on, the main domain name will lead you right to the Journal page, and every other page can be accessed through the drop down "Pages" menu.
I have a new and larger Portfolio section with 4 categories - all incorporated within Airtight Interactive's free SimpleViewer script. A lot of the images will be new to you, so please check them out and let me know what you think.
Also have a tentative workshop schedule for this year as well as next year. If you have any questions about my offerings, just let me know. Glad to help!
Anyway, this update seemed like the next logical step. I like the look of the site, hope you will too!

www.sixtyonenorth.com

Jay Gould
03-29-2009, 06:14 AM
Dave, a big WOW!!!

We spent two months in Alaska - June and July - and I have decided that at least during the spring, summer, and fall it is the most beautiful state in the Union.

Yes, some states have the highlights - not much can beat Yosemite and Sequoia (my home state before I moved down under); however, you also have to include Los Angeles traffic as part of California.

Your website opening page and the images are great - the eagle almost looks like it was carved instead of a photo it is so sharp.

We do intend to return to Alaska in the near future, rent a motorhome for at least 4 months, and we will find you.

Cheers and good luck with your business.

Jay

Axel Hildebrandt
03-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Looks very good, I like the design.

Dave Taylor
03-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Dave, a big WOW!!!

We spent two months in Alaska - June and July - and I have decided that at least during the spring, summer, and fall it is the most beautiful state in the Union.

Yes, some states have the highlights - not much can beat Yosemite and Sequoia (my home state before I moved down under); however, you also have to include Los Angeles traffic as part of California.

Your website opening page and the images are great - the eagle almost looks like it was carved instead of a photo it is so sharp.

We do intend to return to Alaska in the near future, rent a motorhome for at least 4 months, and we will find you.

Cheers and good luck with your business.

Jay

Thanks Jay! My family is originally from Oz, still have some relatives in Sydney & Perth - kind of stretched out. I'll make you a deal - you come to Alaska, I'll go to Australia & we'll switch houses for our trips:D
I completely agree with you about this grand state I call home. Yosemite & Sequoia, Yellowstone, the American Southwest/Four Corners area are pretty hard to beat. But, like you said, we don't get the same traffic & numbers. Although, mid summer up here is fairly busy with tourists & fellow Alaskans. The standard joke (and this goes for any state) is "If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?":D But we do have Denali, Wrangell-St. Elias (the largest National Park, anywhere - and "North America's Mountain Kingdom"), Kenai Fjord's National Park, Katmai National Park, etc. Plus, some of my favorite areas are not even parks - I highly recommend you do a drive (preferably both ways) down the Denali Highway, between Cantwell & Paxson. Jaw dropping landscapes and ops for wildlife, great fall colors on the tundra (first week in September) - but you'll see less wildlife because of the hunters. Also full of incredible scenery and wildlife is the Prince William Sound.
Let me know if you need anything for your trip!

Dave Taylor
03-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Looks very good, I like the design.

Thanks Axel-
I was looking for something would be easy to update once fully designed & a Wordpress site with a custom template fits the bill for me. Wordpress is not for everyone, I'd just rather spend my time outdoors than fooling with html:) Glad you enjoyed it.