Drive: Continuous (high): frame 1
White balance: Auto
Flash: Off
Taken near Johannesburg
All Comments and Crits appreciated

Randy Stout
03-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Kobus:

A very colorful pair! Great wing display on the left bird, open beaks, great interaction overall.

The head angles work for me because of the interaction.

I like the composition and framing, but did look at trimming just a bit off the top, which I liked also.

The sky seems a bit oversaturated, but I wasn't there (darn!)

Did you do some work on the broken snag just under the left bird? The tip looks a bit funny. May just be the way it broke off.

Thanks for posting this lovely pair.

Daniel Cadieux
03-27-2009, 06:55 AM
I like Randy's comments (although I'm fine with the sky). In addition I would lighten the faint reflection that is already apparent on the right bird's eye, and would tone down the lighter parts of the perch. Well done!

susanschermer
03-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Wonderful interaction of two beautiful birds. Agree about the eye on the right side bird. In addition to lightening, I might try adding a small highlight. They must be pretty tame to be captured with 330mm.

Kobus Tollig
03-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Thx so muxh for the great comments. Appreciate it lots. This was shot from a hide and I was looking down on them a bit so the sky is actually water heheheh maybe that's why you think its over sat. Randy its in the water dirt you se so nope did nothing to the bg . Thx for the great constructive crit

Ramon M. Casares
03-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Love it, a little bit more room woul've helped, still, the interaction is terrific and the poses couldn't be better, a slightly better head angle from the lower bird in order to get his head better lightened, but that's a detail that doesn't take anything away from this wonderfull action shot. COngratualitons!

Stephen Earle
03-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Sweet opportunity here Kobus. Nice action and comp.

Ákos Lumnitzer
03-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Very well caught Kobus. The interaction is a winner in my humble opinion. :)