PDA

View Full Version : Another view of Lake Louise

Dave Mills
03-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Shot this a few years ago and wanted to get a different view other than the standard of the lake. I'm questioning the image compositionally whether the mountain seems balanced in the image? And yes, the water is that turquoise.
Nikon D200 24-120 lense F/22 2 stop split applied
iso 200 0 comp tripod mtd.

John Ippolito
03-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Dave, I like the comp just fine. You don't see many photos of this beautiful lake without Mt Victoria as the backdrop. This has a very serene feel about it, and I really like how the the fireweed in the LL balances and adds depth and color.

Paul Marcellini
03-27-2009, 09:06 AM
The flowers really take this up a notch. It is a very nicely balanced comp. I think based on the house it is straight, and just a horizon that is leading away, but it does appear to need a cw rotation. I love that lake color.

Robert Amoruso
03-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Those pink flowers are the icing on the cake. The light really makes this image. Well composed with pleasing lines in the image that lead the eye around well (the diagonal of the FG shore, diagonal of the tree line, etc.)

denise ippolito
03-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Dave, I was at Lake Louise this past August, hiking all the great trails and enjoying this beautiful scenery. I took a few images of the small boat house but they didn't look like this. I love how the FG flowers accent the gorgeous lake color.The lights in the boathouse are a nice touch.

Dave Mills
03-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Hi Denise..It was a magical place. The water color made it a bit surreal. I also shot from the other side looking to get the canoes of the boathouse in the foreground sweeping up to the mountains. In the near future I plan to post a few more from the trip...

Jackie Schuknecht
03-28-2009, 01:16 PM
The colour of the water is so intense. Very beautiful image and the flowers in the bottom are a nice touch. Like the reflection of the mtns too. Really nice Dave.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Great image Dave the flowers really make the image.

Roman Kurywczak
03-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Hey Dave,
Very different comp and very well composed with the fireweed in the FG. I'm going to disagree with Paul on the CW rotation.....as this is a shore of a lake.....so that may explain the slope......if you use the roof of the boathouse......looks pretty parallel to the top of frame. Very nicely done.

anita ray
04-01-2009, 03:23 PM
I think the FG balances the mountain. The colors,reflections.The boathouse. Moves you right thru the image. WOW! Well done. Yup...

Grady Weed
04-01-2009, 04:49 PM
The intense color of the water is unbelievable! It certainly adds to the image. And yes the fire weed is a anchor point. Well done.