PDA

View Full Version : "Moon Light Lady"

Gus Cobos
03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
“Moon Light Lady”

Note:
A thin sheet of glass was placed on a table and a mixture of water, glycerin and corn meal was brushed on to create the rippled water effect. A polarizing filter was used at 25 percent capacity to reduce some of the glare from the glass. Two 24” black light fluorescent tubes were placed at 90-degree angles for a rich dark moon glow on the petals.

<O:p</O:p
This beautiful lady was painted with a Nikon D2x, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D, and a 12mm extension tube.

Image solution:
focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / metering mode- combination of in camera matrix metering, and hand held spot meter, sampling six anchor points, for balanced light distribution. / 1/250sec. - f/32 / ISO @ 200 / exposure comp @ -2.3EV / white balance @ manual, custom profile using an expo disk for light calibration / AF Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +3 degrees / saturation factor @ +4 degrees / no speedlight; used two 24" soft boxes, the first one at 90 degrees, with a 24" diffuser panel to tone down and balance the light. The second soft box was positioned from the top with corresponding diffuser. Two 24” gold reflector panels were positioned at 45-degree angles to balance out the lights and the shadows for depth perception. / Support platform – tripod assist, with macro focusing rail / cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

denise ippolito
03-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Gus, I love the reflection and the dramatic look you achieved-the lighting is fantastic-

Mike Moats
03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
You Da Man Gus, very cool and creative image. Can't see anything I would change.

Richard Lovison
03-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Gus,

That image is just beautiful... love the light, composition, colors and reflection. If I wanted to be picky, the only slight thing that bothered me was the blown highlight on the middle leaf.

Julie Kenward
03-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Yup. the white area on that one center leaf is the only negative I can find in the entire image, Gus. It's another winner.

Joseph Martines
03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Gus:

That chest of magic tricks gets larger instead of smaller.

I thought of renaming you Mandrake but, you're too young to remember him!!

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie Schuknecht
03-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Like it as presented , just beautiful Gus. Love the reflection of the flowers in the water.