Sharpness 3
Contrast 0
Saturation 0
Color tone 0
Color Space Adobe RGB
Noise Reduction Off

Axel Hildebrandt
03-26-2009, 04:56 PM
It's great to see the feet, and I like the soft light. I would crop it horizontally and give it more room in front of the bird.

Randy Stout
03-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Zenon;

A striking image, nicely exposed, I like being able to see the feet.

It needs more space to the left. In fact, I think it would be better as more of a horizontal crop if possible, because of the pattern in the background. It is interesting to look at, but it does tend to distract from the bird.

A bit of head turn our way would help too.

Do you have others from this series? It would be interesting to see what a lower shooting angle would have done to the background.

Cheers

Randy

PS: AXel and I were typing at the same time!!

Zenon Char
03-26-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't think I have any more of this series. The original is wider and I cropped it down. This part of my education here. I guess I always thought focus on the animal and forgot about the other aspects that balance the image. Had the same good feedback on a few other images. Here is the original. I can clean up some of those white specs behind the bird.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/Zenon1/Florida-bird-1.jpg

Fabs Forns
03-26-2009, 05:13 PM
The original is excellent The golden slippers make the image for me. whites are handled very well and the patterns in the water are very cool.

Randy Stout
03-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Zenon:

I certainly prefer this crop. The background is still a bit distracting, and the splash draws the eye, but overall I like this better.

Don't feel bad about cropping issues. Unlike Artie, who is so good he sees the crop in ".1" second for most pictures, I often ponder them, and sometimes change my mind.

Keep working it!

Randy

Zenon Char
03-26-2009, 05:23 PM
I think I may have cropped it because it went nowhere for quite a while on another POTD site I submit to. After a while you begin to wonder what you can do to it. I know the judges view 300 images per day for a category and only one wins. Unfortunately catching a judges eye is just as important as quality. Not only that is will they remember it. Brightest lure catches the fish. Well not always.You have a better chance at POTM as you are up against only 30 images. Now quality is big factor. But this is great. I have learned a lot in a short time.

Arthur Morris
03-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Next lesson: go to Educational Resources and check out the Head Angle Police thread.

What are POTD and POTM?

Zenon Char
03-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks I will.

Photo Of The Day/Month

Zenon Char
03-26-2009, 08:28 PM
There is a lot of great info on that thread. I skimmed through but got the idea. I bookmarked and will give it a good read.

Is there ever a lot of information in the Educational Resources. Wow, what a website this is. My head is starting to swim.

Zenon Char
03-26-2009, 08:32 PM
I think I meant my head is starting to spin. See I was not kidding.

Trey Barron
03-26-2009, 09:27 PM
I prefer the second crop, and do like seeing the feet. I too would like more eye contact or a more intense hunting pose for the current head angle.