PDA

View Full Version : Venice, Italy question.

Carl Mohr
03-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I am going on a Med cruise this October that will stop in Venice and Dubrovnik.

In Venice, we dock at 8:AM one day and depart the next at 5:PM.
This will give me enough time to take photos in the afternoon/evening, at night, and at sunrise the next morning.
Rather than wander aimlessly, I would like to create a map, marking the best spots for photos and at the best time of day for each.
Can anyone make some suggestions?
If I am on the wrong forum, I apologize.
Regards,
Bob

Alfred Forns
03-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi Carl

Will find someone here with the right info !!! Would also post in the Europe regional. Arrivedechi !!!

Fabs Forns
03-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Carl,

Venice is a paradise for photographers. Start by the Piazza San Marco, where you can get images of gondolas docked in the water, the pigeons, not to count the famous architecturals around. If you venture inside the small side streets, you can have local flavored windows with flowers or drying clothes, and even locals going about their daily chores.
Here's a link that you will enjoy:

http://www.italyguides.it/us/venice_italy/st_mark_s_square/piazza_san_marco/st_mark_s_square.htm

Have a great trip!

Carl Mohr
03-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Thank you very much for the link. I loved the panoramas.

There are two arguments to using a guide. Some say it is not necessary, some like it.
I was wondering if anyone has used a guide or has an opinion. I checked a couple and they are expensive
for just a few hours.

Alfred Forns
03-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Carl the times I have used a guide has been money well spent !!! They can keep the locals away from you and you will be maximizing your time. In Venice I don't think you will have that much trouble getting around.

Fabs Forns
03-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Thank you very much for the link. I loved the panoramas.

There are two arguments to using a guide. Some say it is not necessary, some like it.
I was wondering if anyone has used a guide or has an opinion. I checked a couple and they are expensive
for just a few hours.

One of the links in the site I gave you has e-guides, for ipods or mp3 capable phones, are claim they are free:

http://www.italyguides.it/us/download_audio_book/audio_guide_mp3_ipod/ipodguides.htm

You can also go to your public library and borrow one.

Rene A
03-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Dubrovnik

you will love it....the old city wall and the old roofs beautiful ...I loved it there.. very picturesque