View Full Version : Spoonbill landing-2

Sid Garige
03-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Another image from recent trip to gatorland
D300, 200-400mm VR
F8 1/1200

Aidan Briggs
03-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Nice light, and pose with the feet outstretched. Sharpness looks good. I would like to see more room in front though.

Kobus Tollig
03-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Great light great pose. I do feel that you should add some space on the rhs and take some off the lhs
Also think you can do some more sharpening. Stiil great shot well done.

Randy Stout
03-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Sid:

Great landing pose.

I agree with a bit more sharpening, but for me mainly the head. I am guessing the plane of focus was the outstreteched wing, as it appears a bit sharper than the head.

In regards to the crop, I have mixed feelings. Because the bird is clearly landing, with a very definite stopping point, I don't feel there needs to be much more to the right, maybe a touch. If he was taking off , or just flying along, then absolutely.
Because of the wing position, there already is more room to the right than the left, so it doesn't really bother me.

Will be interested in what others have to say about the crop. I do respect Kobus and Aidan's opinion, just think this one isn't so clear cut?

Chris van Rooyen
03-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Beautiful light and posture!. Agree with Kobus re sharpness and slightly different crop.

Maxis Gamez
03-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Sid,

Good capture, exposure, and sharp. Gatorland will have these guys nesting very soon!!