PDA

View Full Version : Ibis

Adams Serra
03-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Image made a few weeks ago at a local park in Ft. Myers.

MKIII
F 5.6
1/1600
Iso 400
500mm x 1.4tc

All comments are appreciated

Aidan Briggs
03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Wonderful pose, with the beak open and the wings raise. Nice job on the exposure. The BG is a bit busy, but it does show the environment

Mike Fuhr
03-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Wonderful pose and lighting. I actually like the background -- it conveys the environment in a way that is not distracting to me. What is that across the LR front? Algae maybe?

Adams Serra
03-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Wonderful pose and lighting. I actually like the background -- it conveys the environment in a way that is not distracting to me. What is that across the LR front? Algae maybe?
Hi Mike,
that is sand on the edge of the lake.

Daniel Cadieux
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Excellent pose on this guy, wings up and open bill make a great 1-2 punch. Although I like the BG and habitat depicted, I think that desaturating the yellow channel somewhat (by a good 15-20 points) would lessen it's attention-stealing impact on the overall image and give the ibis back all that lost attention it deserves. I also wish that sand at bottom edge wasn't there...it kinda of abruptly cuts the beautiful water.

Randy Stout
03-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Adam:

Great wing position, focus, excellent exposure, nice open beak.

I am fine with the background except for its brightness, which really pulls the eye.

Thanks!

Randy

PS: Daniel did it again. I might as well quit commenting, or learn to type faster!

Nate Chappell
03-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Great calling pose and beautiful detail in the whites Adam, toning down the bg might make this even better but it's great as is.

Adams Serra
03-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Excellent pose on this guy, wings up and open bill make a great 1-2 punch. Although I like the BG and habitat depicted, I think that desaturating the yellow channel somewhat (by a good 15-20 points) would lessen it's attention-stealing impact on the overall image and give the ibis back all that lost attention it deserves. I also wish that sand at bottom edge wasn't there...it kinda of abruptly cuts the beautiful water.
Hi Daniel,
I went back and DSAT the yellow channel by 15. the image does look better.
Thank you

Chris van Rooyen
03-27-2009, 02:09 AM
A beautiful image that reminds me of the setting at Marievale here at home. Like it as is, great exposure on the whites!