PDA

View Full Version : San Cristóbal

José Rodríguez
03-25-2009, 02:21 PM
This landscape was taken in San Cristóbal, Las Palmas. I took it and processed a year ago. I think it is an hdr, but I´m not completly sure..... I think colours are a tad oversaturated, but they´re still eye pleasing.....
Nikon D40, sigma 10-20 , no tripod

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/8377921-lg.jpg

Dave Mills
03-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi Jose...I think this image has some very nice qualities to it. I like the effective way you used a rope as your leading line.The colors are a bit OS but I like them in this case. The sky is dramatic and the comp is divided well.
I did the repost to show where ideally I felt the boat positions would be stronger. I know very often you can't control these things but this is what I might have done to it...

José Rodríguez
03-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Great work Dave. I totally agree with you!

Paul Marcellini
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
The comp works, with a nice leading line. Dave replacement of the boat is a good position. The foreground processing looks good but starting at the water gets a bit funky to my eye. Maybe desaturating will help. I'm still picky on HDR's. =)

Robert Amoruso
03-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Jose,

I lean towards the surreal look so like this. Going wider would have placed the right boat better and not necessitated its post-processed move. Good use of foreground element to enhance the comp.

Roman Kurywczak
03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi Jose,
I'm somewhere in between Robert and Paul on HDR.....to me the bottom 1/2 looks OK......do like the boat move in PP by Dave.....but would have preferred if you followed Robert's advice in the field.......but the upper 1/2....especially the distant mountains....is where I am not as fond of the HDR work. Very nice use of the strong FG element also.