PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing Owl

Indranil Sircar
03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
I shot this in the afternoon from my car. I came across a pair sitting up on the fence While driving past an enclosure where I had known the existence of this colony. Luckily I had the camera ready. They didn't seem to mind the car as I pulled-up as close as I could; perhaps a bit to the left would have been nicer. Here are the settings:

40D, EF 70-200mm F4L + 1.4x @254mm
1/4000 sec, f/5.6, ISO 400, Av mode, exp comp 0

I cleaned-up wire knots on the fence as well as reconstructed a portion of the talon. Any feedback and comments would be appreciated.

~ Indranil

Tony Whitehead
03-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Nice pose with the raised foot. Unusual to have one looking down at you as they are usually on the ground. Artificial perch is a bit of a drawback. You've managed the exposure well with the angled light - maybe darkening the sky would be an option.

Art Kornienko
03-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Agree with Tony about the perch, would have been nice to have a bit more room at the bottom on another type of perch and at the right hand side, light at your back would have been nice and not quite as sharp as I would like. Is this a very large crop?

denise ippolito
03-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Agree with above comments-It's very nice to see the feet on these guys as they are usually on the ground.Thanks for sharing!