PDA

View Full Version : Striped Crocus

Anita Bower
03-25-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm wondering if the flower merges too much into the white BG, if the crop is good, and if the whites in the flower have too much blue in them.

Konica Minolta 5D, 100mm lens, f32, .60 sec., ISO 100, tripod, indoors, natural light with reflector. I tried using a trial version of Helican Focus to combine 3 images taken with different focal spots. I'm not sure I used the software correctly! PS7, adj. levels, curves, color balance, saturation, selective color, sharpen.

Anita :-)

Richard Lovison
03-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Anita,

I like this image the way it is presented though I'm not an expert on critiquing. I love the simplicity of the composition and the way the one petal bends away from the other petals. In my opinion you did an excellent job of keeping the flower from disappearing into the background.

Joseph Martines
03-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Anita:

A wonderful study of a crocus.

I love the colors and the diagonal presentation.

The whites in the crocus complement the purple and the white back ground.

John Christian
03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Anita,

I am amazed how much detail you were able to obtain with the white background. The image is clean in appearance with all of the white. I would wonder if an off-white background would have the image pop a little more. I would have over exposed it. Good stuff!

Julie Kenward
03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Beautiful comp, Anita! Seriously...that's outrageous!

I personally like the white BG here and I think you have enough definition between the BG and the flower - you can definitely see the edge of the petals. I picture this in a square frame with a dark purple mat and a black frame and that makes me crazy at how beautiful it would be.

I'm not familiar with the software you used - I know about it but never tried it. I do think maybe the front petals could use a touch more sharpening - the back petals seem to have the right amount.

Gus Cobos
03-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi Anita,
The high-key background showcases your beautiful lady very nicely...I like the compositional balance and symmetry displayed by the angle of capture...the texture and color rendition is superb, in conjunction with the fine delicate details in the petals...this is well done Anita...my hat off to you Lady...:):cool:

Mike Moats
03-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Hey Anita, a very fine image. I really like the petal that hangs down which creates interest. High key works well.

Jackie Schuknecht
03-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Very pretty Anita, love your framing and white BG. Nice touch with the one petal drooping down.