PDA

View Full Version : This One's For Gus

Dick Glover
03-24-2009, 08:44 PM
This is Queribus Castle in southern France near the border with Spain. It was built about 1,000 years ago and is the location of the very nice stone stairway photo Gus Cobos posted on 3/19/09. I recognized it as I had a shot of the same staircase, taken in May, 2004. I might have posted mine, but not after everyone saw how well Gus composed his image. So, I am sharing the entire castle, and will mention that in addition to the cool breezes, the road and hike up to this place is not for those nervous about heights. It is worth it though, as the view is incredibile, which is one of the prime reasons it was selected as the defenders could scan so far on the lookout for invaders from the south. I hope to go back someday and visit more of the 19 Cathar castles open to the public. Thanks for reminding me of this great spot, Gus.
Dick

Gus Cobos
03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
It is quite impressive Dick,
The air is fresh and clean...and the view is superb...thanks for sharing the entire majestic property...:):cool:

joel quenneville
03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
I like the way you emphasized the massive rocks here. The diagonal of the hill adds to the comp as does the off-center placement of the tower. I would suggest that you run some NR on the sky.

Alfred Forns
03-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Great perspective Agree with Joel !!!

Dick that must be quite a hike up there !!!