PDA

View Full Version : Winter Mood 2

Ed Vatza
01-27-2008, 08:08 PM
This is another image that I made yesterday as I attempted to capture the mood of winter in a series of isolated singular close-up images. The sweep to the left seems to capture the effect of the winter wind while the gray background captures those cold gray winter days. At least I think so! :) What do you think?

Canon 30D; 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens; Canon 580 EX II Flash; Handheld

1/1000 sec @ f/4.0; ISO 640; EC=0; FL 95mm; FEC -1

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/EdV_02/0801__012_1.jpg

John Cooper
01-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Yes, I think you have achieved what you set out to do here ED.

Robert O'Toole
01-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Not a favorite, I prefer your other winter post, but it does convey a sense of winter with the cold moodiness and the top being blown over by wind.

Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Ed Vatza
01-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Not a favorite, I prefer your other winter post, but it does convey a sense of winter with the cold moodiness and the top being blown over by wind.

Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Fair enough, Robert. I did not expect that these images would appeal to everyone. Heck, I wasn't even sure they would appeal to anyone other than me! :)

I am pleased that both you and John do agree that they do meet the objectives that I laid out beforehand and are, technically, on target. At least neither of you said otherwise.

Once again, thank you both for taking time to offer feedback. Much appreciated.

Ed

Mike Moats
01-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Hey Ed, as with your last post, another nice simple subject in nature that tells the time of year well. These image due to the lack of color usually don't generate alot of wows, but they are excellent inimate scenes of winter. Well done.