PDA

View Full Version : Common Loon Take-Off Sequence

Eleanor Kee Wellman
01-01-2008, 06:21 PM
I like trying to get a good sequence and it doesn't happen as often as I would hope!

This one uses 8 images. I used a Canon 20D and 100-400 lens. Handheld from kayak.

Maxis Gamez
01-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Hello and Welcome.

This is terrific, I like how your main subject flows in the frame and the pano works very well with it.

Excellent work!

Sandra Jackson
01-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Eleanor, that's a terrific image!! I've never managed to photograph these guys taking off - you've managed to get a pano out of it! Nice to hear someone else is crazy enough to take $$ gear out in a kayak!

Fabs Forns
01-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi Eleanor :)

Red carpet welcome!!! So glad to have you here.

This is a very creative way to do a pano, interesting perspective. I'm impressed!!!

David Kennedy
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
The light is a little harsh for my taste, but it's a great idea--similar to Robert Amoruso's recent posting--and would be interested to know how you're putting it together.

Robert Amoruso
01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Eleanor,

Very cool technique to blend all this images of the same bird together coming at you. Excellent job as it looks like 8 different ones to me. The harsh light was mentioned. You could try a reverse s-curve using a curves adjustment layer to tame the contrast.

Welcome to BPN and excellent visualization to come up with this composite pano.

Eleanor Kee Wellman
01-01-2008, 08:13 PM
First of all, it is great to be here and thanks for commenting, everyone! Nice to be in touch again, Fabs!!!!

Yes, the light is harsh and I will try the reverse S curve.

My technique was to process all the images the same way using PhotoShop and I believe it was CS3. I then made a new blank panoramic file and pulled each image into the new file. I then used the density of the layer to see the one underneath and erased what I didn't want so that all the birds showed as it came closer.

If anyone has another method for doing this I would love to hear about it!

Eleanor

Robert Amoruso
01-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks Eleanor for the workflow. Great job BTW. I have been creating the pano file by doing the Photomerge using the Interactive Mode and unchecking blending. This brings the images into the pano and creates the layered file for subsequent processing in photoshop. It saves some manual manipulation.

Your method of handling the layers in PS is exactly what I do.