PDA

View Full Version : Mourning dove

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Shot this with 40d-300 f/4-1.4x at 1/640 & f/5.6. exp. comp was +1/3 flash at no compensation. Converted sraw-to-jpg in DPP. No post-processing. Its probably a 75% crop.

Let me know what I could have done better. On hindsight, I think I should have shot at slightly smaller aperture to improve sharpness of my lens combo.

Thanks in advance

Tony Whitehead
03-24-2009, 01:12 PM
I like the pose and soft colours. I would probably just brighten the image a little. I don't think sharpness is an issue with this image at this resolution - a little more sharpening in preparing for web display should resolve it. Assessing the original file may be a different story.

Fabs Forns
03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Sharpness looks god to me at this size. I'd have liked more room for the virtual tail.
Agree it could be lighter. Thanks for sharing this one :)

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Sharpness looks god to me at this size. I'd have liked more room for the virtual tail.
Agree it could be lighter. Thanks for sharing this one :)

Thanks for that tip. The virtual tail never really crossed my mind. I will try that. This is why we all come to this site.
Kaustubh

Sabyasachi Patra
03-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Shot this with 40d-300 f/4-1.4x at 1/640 & f/5.6. exp. comp was +1/3 flash at no compensation. Converted sraw-to-jpg in DPP. No post-processing. Its probably a 75% crop.

Let me know what I could have done better. On hindsight, I think I should have shot at slightly smaller aperture to improve sharpness of my lens combo.

Thanks in advance

Kaustubh,

I agree with previous posters. A bit brighter would have been nice. A vertical composition with the tail would have been good as well.

This combo is sharp at f5.6. I have had lot of critically sharp images at this lens and TC combination.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi