PDA

View Full Version : Fall in the Big Horns

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
03-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Robert, if you see this one it is the one you saw on my web site Sunday last, but I cropped LS as we discussed. What do you think?
Nikon D2X
2007:09:22 17:24:49
55-200mm @ 55mm
82mm (in 35mm film)
1/90 sec, f/4
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment
ISO: 100
AF mode: AF-C
White balance: AUTO
Flash: Off
File size: 12.3MB
Image size: 4320 x 2868
Color mode: MODE2
Color space: AdobeRGB
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: NONE
Contrast: Low

Robert Amoruso
03-25-2009, 05:54 AM
Hi Mac,

I was great doing the private workshop with you last weekend. Others would not have seen the part you cropped out but I feel this works better. The road placement is not more to the left and leads the eye into the image and the green tree in the BG.

The cropping caused something interesting to happen, the green tree is now in the center of the image. I feel the strong interest in this image is the green tree amongst the yellow ones so I am not so sure having it in the middle now is the best approach. Perhaps now looking at this crop my feeling is the better composition would have been to place the road and green tree more left and opened up more of the image on the right. However, I don't know what was on the right so don't know if that would have worked. Just something to think about.

I would clone out the rock in the LR now that you cropped up to it.

Thanks for posting and I hope you will be posting some of those other great landscape images we looked at.

Paul Marcellini
03-25-2009, 06:44 PM
I agree with Robert and would like a little more to the right. The uneven clumps of yellow aspen help but the dead center tree doesn't work too well for me. Makes me miss fall though. Haven't seen a good one in a few years.

Roman Kurywczak
03-26-2009, 09:19 AM
HI Mac,
Hmmm....I kind of like the central placement of the green one....the path does guide me to it nicely.....would be interesting to see alternate comps though. Agree about the LL rock also.......it's not the super dazzling Wow! image.....but It is very effective and gives a nice sense and feel of fall.