PDA

View Full Version : Same Anhinga different pose

John Hawkins
03-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Sunday at ding Darling. Created this with My Sony A100, Sigma 50-500 Lens, f/6.3, 1/500, 0 ev, ISO 320, 500 mm.
I was having trouble with the harsh sun. It was about 9:00 . BG now looks like it has noise that did not seem to be there before I resized for posting. Did not show up in my printed version. Thanks for looking, John

Alfred Forns
03-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Both poses are good John !! On this one you cut part of the tail :)

Harsh sun is the main problem and not much you can do about it !! Noise wise don't know if the bg was a little dark and you opened up the shadows? That will increase noise in a hurry !!!

Lance Peters
03-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi John - agree with ALS assesment - the harsh sun was your enemy here, not much you could do. Just run some noise ninja on the backgound - will improve - although if it didn't show up in print - why bother?

Gus Cobos
03-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi John,
I like the pose...you have a good head angle and sharp eye...agree with Mr. Forns' assessments...I recommend on toning down the hot whites on the wings...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Harold Davis
03-25-2009, 01:43 PM
you did well with the light! i may also suggest bumping the ISO to get a little more shutter speed. with that lens you need all the ss you can get to help get the sharpest image!!