ISO 160
manual exposure
tripod, remote release

Comments, suggestions always welcome

Ken

Ed Vatza
03-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Good morning Ken,

I like where you were headed with this image but a couple of things don't work for me. First, the flower facing me, which I view as the focal point, is too crowded by the flowers above and below. Maybe one might have been Ok but the two are just too much. Second, I love the background at the top and right. It is very warm and inviting. But the background to the left (gray) is very cold to me. I would have loved to see a continuation of the warm, inviting background.

Hope all is well with you. I had a great time at the club shoot on Saturday.

Julie Kenward
03-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Ken, I agree with Ed on both points...this is very close but not quite there. If the other flowers had a little more separation between them and the main flower it would lead the eye through the image a bit better - as it is you tend to get stuck there. I also think the colors in the BG are rivaling each other - I'd want to see all warm or all cool tones and with the flower's color the warm tones would be the nicest.

Joseph Martines
03-24-2009, 03:21 PM
My initial reaction was "boy that is interesting but, something is wrong."

Julie and Ed picked up the same vibes but, they identified the anomaly.

I always see the plain sun flowers. Have to find some of those interesting ones.

Mike Moats
03-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Hey Ken, an interesting comp, but agree on some of the comments made.

Gus Cobos
03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi Ken,
I agree with the good advise given, just keep this one as a record image, and go from there, the second one will be a charm...:)looking forward to your next one...:cool: