PDA

View Full Version : Unscrewed Barn Owl Background

Gus Hallgren
01-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi Folks, Please excuse me for screwing up a post, first by losing the thumbnail, and mucking up the images. This is the same Barn Owl that was originaly posted against a wall, and 2 kind gentlemen wished it was against trees. So, I think this image is more realistic with the trees out of focus as if the owl being in focus, the backgound just behind it was blurred?? Red faced . . . Gus:o

Gus Hallgren
01-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi folks, This is the Original . . . Gus

George DeCamp
01-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Hey Gus....

Well, this is too funny! I see you grew a forest in the BG here! ;)
Actually nice idea but kinda looks fake to me at least. Have to say you are working hard though! *lol*

Always best to not have to mess too much with images. We do it as an exercise here but in contests and for magazines, etc you want to get it right out of the starting gate with only a little cropping, levels, curves and sharpening applied afterwards. However it is fun to play and learn in the process!!!

Gus Hallgren
01-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi George, I really like to photograph what I want, but got caught up in this darn playing. Spent a lot of time in stationery news groups where we did a lot of outrageous things. Then got a camera, and used it for recording birds for identification, posted them on Webshots and get over 100,000 hits per year. I really do beleive in what you say, make photos in your camera, not photoshop. Don't take myself too seriously, and try to follow, Integrity, Kindness & Humour. Thanks for all the help with upbeat suggestions . . . Gus

D.J. McNeil
02-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Does the background look really nosy to you? I think the background should be more out-of-focus and less noisy. It looks like the Background was taken in low light with a high ISO... BUT I think the owl fits into it quite well! It blends into both backgrounds quite naturally, without harsh white lines around him (her?).

Gus Hallgren
02-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi, What a good suggestion, pure genius. Have a look now . . .Thank you Gus :D