PDA

View Full Version : "One Drop At A Time"

Gus Cobos
03-22-2009, 10:20 PM
“One Drop At A Time”

Mother Nature’s natural funnel was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 200mm f/4D macro lens with a 12mm extension tube.

Image solution:
focal length @ 200mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / metering mode @ in camera matrix metering / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / 1/250sec. - f/5.6 / AF-mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - no speedlight - ambient lighting / exposure comp @ +1.3EV / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degree / saturation factor @ +1 degrees / support platform - monopod /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Anita Bower
03-23-2009, 05:38 AM
I like the curles of this tendril, and the magnification and bright spots created by the water drops. The only improvement I would make would be to have the upper drops in focus, but, that might have eliminted the blurred BG. Lovely soft color for BG.

denise ippolito
03-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Gus, I like it, it's cool looking-the BG gradient colors are very ice.

Julie Kenward
03-23-2009, 12:21 PM
I've got two days till my tubes get here!!! This is making me crazy, Gus...you're doing such beautiful and detailed work with them that I can't wait to try them out!

The clarity in this one is superb - what's making that beautiful color in the BG?

Mike Moats
03-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Hey Gus, another fine and interesting subject. Well done on the details and BG. Agree with Anita, it would have been nice if the top drop had more focus.

Ed Vatza
03-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Very intriguing image, Gus. Excellent eye to first see and then capture it. Good job.