PDA

View Full Version : Buckley Bunkhouse

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-22-2009, 07:29 PM
The field by this house is a dumping ground for road kill by DNR that I just found out about that had lots of eagles, but of course when I got there all the road kill was gone and no eagles.

canon mark II
1/5@ F/22
iso 100
tripod RRS head
canon 17-40 lens
AV

Mike Fuhr
03-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Spooky looking place! I like the contrast and lighting. I would suggest including the tops of the trees and maybe a bit less of the foreground perhaps?

Roman Kurywczak
03-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Hey Curly,
Nice conversion! You know I'm with Mike on the top of tree.....but in this case the darker black shape.....right mid frame is drawing my eye.......so cropping it off and adding the space to the left of the house may have been the way to go. Even though you didn't get the eagles......the house sure is a nice find!

Robert Amoruso
03-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Very cool looking treatment to this image Curly. I hope that you elaborate on how you created it. Agree with Mike and Roman on the tree - including it would be best. The area Roman is mentioning on the right I think is the bus. When you go back, just get one w/o traffic.

Harold Davis
03-23-2009, 03:39 PM
i love the treatment as well. looks great. agree with the others above on the techs.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks Guys, hey we have bare ground many places, spring is near. I used Nik for the conversion using tonal contrast then silver effex pro. I got my chainsaw out and trimmed the trees, and the dark spot was a galvanized fence, I hope that is what your talking about I had room to the left and did not crop it out this time.

Grady Weed
03-24-2009, 07:32 AM
I think I would be falling over myself to go here and do some near far closeups in B&W if it were me. This is a real find for old places. Please keep exploring this one. I would like to see some up front to an angle to exaggerate the height, and just the house images. Perhaps even doing just some broken windows.

Paul Marcellini
03-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Great processing. I like the comp from the repost much better.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks everybody for all your help it is really appreciated!

Dave Mills
03-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Dennis...Repost is big improvement...You added alot of strength to the image.