PDA

View Full Version : Yunque Stream

Elvin Guzman
03-22-2009, 09:22 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3233/3375023577_25f6881816_b.jpg

El Yunque National Forest, formerly known as the Caribbean National Forest. Taken on the La Mina trail. HDR 3 images.

Canon 30D
f/16
iso 100
10-22mm f/3.5-4.5
Focal length: 20mm

Roman Kurywczak
03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi Elvin,
Welcome to the forum! Looks like a beautiful place. Doesn't appear you used a polarising filter....as there is a bit of glare on the LH side on the leaves and rocks. I such situations.....I do find it helps to control much of the glare that it naturally present on the wet rocks. I do like the placement of the main cascade and the other smaller central one peeking through. I do wish for a bit more water space below the rock on the LR corner....but that may have introduced another rock. As presented.....I would crop off the top.....just touching the upper part of the palm frond in the UL .....placing it in the corner.....this will form a frame with the palms and ferns and eliminate the distractions leaving the frame at the top. You did a nice job with the HDR work.....loooks natural. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Robert Amoruso
03-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Elvin,

Welcome to BPN and the landscape forum. I will echo Roman's comments and added a bit more sharpening is needed for this JPG presentation.

You did very well seeing and capturing the possibilities here. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

David Thomasson
03-23-2009, 04:43 PM
This is a very pleasing scene. The colors look a bit on the cool side to me. I adjusted that to see, and it does look better to me warmed up a little. I also played around with pulling the light more toward the center of the image.

Busy, woodsy images like this are great for learning about light. Create one adjustment layer to lighten and another to darken, and start painting on each in turn to bring the light up a little here, deepen a shadow there. You can spend hours experimenting with all the possibilities.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4923/jungle2.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
03-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Nice job on the PP work David. Definitely improved it.

Paul Marcellini
03-25-2009, 04:43 PM
The repost is nice, although I like the more pano idea from Roman. A browser crop definitely make sit work well. A beautiful scene and the hdr work is very well done. I may not wamr the image ientirely, maybe the rocks and lit areas, leaving the shadows cooler.