PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Rocks 1

Paul Marcellini
03-22-2009, 09:20 AM
I got Friday off so I could shoot with my buddy, the plan Ding Darling. 4 am phone call says they close on Friday, where to? We decide on Blowing Rocks and I am so glad we did. We had perfect conditions, high tide and A good cloudy sky. This is the first, before much color showed up.

5d2, 16-35 II@19mm iso800 f16 2.5s

Roman Kurywczak
03-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Paul,
I love the long exposure with the rocks and how the water leads you through the image. As always....the strong Paul M FG element and the shape of the rock is very appealing too. The clouds and sky balances the image nicely also.....with the position of the larger/distant cloud....very well placed. This is very nicely composed! Are you also telling me you got this with a lot of color???.....can't wait to see that one too!

Michael Pancier
03-22-2009, 11:13 AM
beautiful Paul. I heard the cops were starting to throw people out in the am....I guess you lucked out...

Dave Mills
03-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey Paul...You caught a nice one here. Lighting, water flow and a good comp make this a strong image. Well done!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Great capture Paul, has a tranquil setting

Jackie Schuknecht
03-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Beautiful shot Paul. Love the colours and the comp, the IQ looks great too.

Robert Amoruso
03-23-2009, 11:22 AM
You definitely got here at the right time. I am so wanting to go down there but a long trip for me to not have it payoff.

Obviously a good sunrise helps a lot here Paul and I understand that a high tide is also best. But in your estimation on the high tide time, at how many hours and/or minutes before sunrise should the high tide be for best affect in your estimation? Thanks.

Paul Marcellini
03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Well its showing high tide was actually around 4:30 that morning. We came back at 1 and still had decent wave action, so I think you can get away with a lot. This actually wasn't at Blowing Rocks, but south at the County Park, forget the name right now.

Harold Davis
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
that's coral cove park. you can get out there early. very nice paul. cant wait to see what you got if this is before all the color showed up. this morning's sunrise was the best i have seen in a while. wished i could have been there!!!

John Ippolito
03-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Whats not to like here? The light, foreground, slow exposure and the sky are all perfect. The silky water seductively leads the eye through and around the rocks. Super!