PDA

View Full Version : Ladybug

Zenon Char
03-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Captured with Canon 5D, Canon MP-E 65 and Canon Macro twin lights.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/Zenon1/_MG_9565.jpg

Stuart Frohm
03-22-2009, 05:22 AM
I don't recall previously seeing a head-on macro photo of a ladybug. Thanks for posting this excellent photo.

Gus Cobos
03-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi Zenon,
I like the capture, the depth of field is good and so is the selective focus point...My recommendations are to crop 1/4 from the bottom, it needs .025 point of CW rotation to balance the little girl in frame, and at the point of capture; to move a little to the right in order to capture the whole subject in frame, not cutting off her right side...good show...:cool:

Zenon Char
03-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks. I just got the lens so it is a bit of work getting used to it. I'll give those suggestions a try. I wanted to stack so I could get more of the head in focus but she would no stop moving.

Julie Kenward
03-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Zenon, this is sweet! New macro lenses do take a bit of getting used to but it will soon become a wonderful tool in your camera bag.

I do think I'd also lighten up the dark area directly under her belly just a bit - just to bring the attention back to her face.

Agree with Gus that a little rotation and the entire body in the image would have made this even stronger but good going for your first time out!

Zenon Char
03-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Yes those were good tips. I guess I was so glad to get that I did not pay much attention to the other stuff which I normally do. Thanks very much

Mike Moats
03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey Zenon, very cool in your face shot. Agree with some of the other suggestions.