PDA

View Full Version : Mirrored Anhinga

ChuckMurphy
01-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Obviously, this is a change of pace from most of the rest of the photos in this forum, where you can see the finest detail in each feather. I made this image back in the pre-digital age on Kodachrome 64 in the fog at sunrise at Lake Alice, Florida. It's reproduced here just the way I saw it, low contrast and pretty much monochrome. Comments appreciated.

Maxis Gamez
01-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Hello Chuck and welcome to BPN.

This is a typical foggy morning in Florida. I really like the felling and mood on this one. There are two thing I wish I could see in this image and are as follow:

* Sharper image
* Your main subject off centered.

The reflection really helps the foreground.

Fabs Forns
01-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Big welcome Chuck, and I love the mood in this picture!

I would crop a bit on the right to get the bird off center, other than that, I like it!

Is that film grain I'm seeing??? :) :)

Alfred Forns
01-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Big Welcome Chuck !!!!

I like the image very much Would just move the bird off center and a little more room at the bottom if you have it Excellent feel !!!!

George DeCamp
01-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey Chuck!

This certainly says Foggy day on the Lake! I think you captured it well. How to improve in my opinion...hmmm, not sure maybe a off center crop will help, maybe just fine as is. This is a tough one but a different shot regardless!

Gracious
01-01-2008, 07:46 PM
I have a soft spot for silhouettes, and the Florida mist adds to the moodiness. Overall I like this, but it would be enhanced by an off-center crop.