PDA

View Full Version : Red-and-Trachyphonus (Lybius) erythrocephalusYellow Barbet Pair

John Lowin
03-21-2009, 05:16 PM
This pair of Red-and Yellow Barbets are sitting just outside the nest burrow that they dug into a termite mound. Image captured in Samburu, Kenya. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

f/8 1/250 ISO 400
Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 500mm 1:4 L IS USM
HH

Arthur Morris
03-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Two great birds and one great head angle. Shaprness and EXP good. Had the near-bird turned its head towards you this would have been superb.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-21-2009, 07:50 PM
These birds are incredibly beautiful. I like the mood and BG. I'm not sure how you sharpened but the plumage looks a bit coarse on my monitor.

John Lowin
03-21-2009, 09:39 PM
These birds are incredibly beautiful. I like the mood and BG. I'm not sure how you sharpened but the plumage looks a bit coarse on my monitor.

Hi Axel,

Thanks for you comments. If you are familiar with African Barbets, they have very unusual plumage. The best way I can describe the plumage is that it is similar to a miniature version of Guinea Fowl plumage. I am attaching an image of another African Barbet, the D'Arnauds Barbet.

I sharpened using PhotoKit Sharpener, @ digital, high resolution at about 38%, and sharpening brush, narrow edges at about 15%. I didn't note the exact levels that I used. Thanks again.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks, John! Makes me really want to go there sometime.