PDA

View Full Version : Darnley Cascade

Paul Burgess
03-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi folks!

Here's a shot from last fall at the Darnley Cascade.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_NgELvbgT1k0/ScVFqU01RtI/AAAAAAAAAYE/oXQndJ25yQY/s800/_MG_6828DC.jpg

Rebel Xt, 24-105@105mm, ISO 100, 1/4sec., f/20, FF

Honest critiques please!!

-Paul

Paul Marcellini
03-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey Paul, I like the reflected greens and golds but the white area is a little too strong and dominating here. A crop unbalances the image to me also. Shadow/highlight brought it back but I still feel it needs something in that corner. As it stands, I just want a stronger anchor. The front leaf is almost enough.

Roman Kurywczak
03-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi Paul,
The other Paul brought out some more testure in the whites nicely. As it stands....I also agre that the diagonal split of the image isn't the most effective. The best I could come up with is a crop just below the g in your signature in the re-post......this seems to put more emphasis on that leaf and minimizes the distracting white of the UR corner.

Dave Mills
03-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Paul's repost brought out the detail in the upper left but I agree with Roman's comment about the diagonal split and his crop suggestion. In this image my eye plays back and forth between the 2 halves and it's difficult for me to rest on something. The colors in the image and texture are very nice!

Robert Amoruso
03-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi Paul,

I would have to agree with the above. Diagonals are strong in images and if you have an additional diagonal layering in the BG that would have made the comp. Agree that now, my eye goes back and forth from the two areas.