PDA

View Full Version : African Wild Dogs -Lycaon pictus

John Lowin
03-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Image created in the Masi Mara Triangle. We felt extremely fortunate to get the opportunity to photograph these difficult to locate canids. We chased after them for approximately a quarter mile as they attempted to unsuccessfully run down an Impala through heavy brush. Luckily their path paralleled the roadway we were on. When they paused briefly to rest, we were able to captured a few images. This is a scan, so no detailed exposure data available. Hope you like this one. C and C welcomed, I'm here to learn. - John

Nikon F5
Nikkor 500mm AF-S
Kodak E100VS
HH

Sabyasachi Patra
03-22-2009, 09:12 AM
John,
I understand the excitement of the chase that you indulged in. I am sure you would have found it more appealing if they had been successful in the chase. Good eye contact. It would have been nice, if you could have managed a lower angle. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

John Lowin
03-22-2009, 04:58 PM
John,
I understand the excitement of the chase that you indulged in. I am sure you would have found it more appealing if they had been successful in the chase. Good eye contact. It would have been nice, if you could have managed a lower angle. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Hi Sabyasachi, Thanks. - This was shot out the side window of our Land Rover. Getting out of the vehicle was not an option, so unfortunately, this was the lowest vantage point possible under the circumstances. - John

Alfred Forns
03-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Looks like a formal family portrait John Love it !!!

Scan starting to loose highlight detail on the top but do like it as presented !!

Fabs Forns
03-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Greet eye contact from all subjects, were they considering you???
There seems to be a slight magenta cast to the whole image, more noticeable in the BG anad the beige on their faces.

Robert Amoruso
03-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Good job getting all of their attention. Agree with Fabs comment on the color cast.