PDA

View Full Version : "Cafe Con Leche"

Gus Cobos
03-20-2009, 09:24 PM
“Café Con Leche”

Techs:
This composition is an image overlay of two frames captured in RAW and then converted to JEPG format; shot at four frames per second using a polarizing filter. The suspension media was placed in an old aquarium and was heated up almost to a boil; and was a mixture of glycerin, corn syrup, food coloring, half and half cream, and coffee.

The image was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D macro lens with a 20mm extension tube.

Image solution:
focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / 1/160sec. - f/4.5 / ISO @ 100
white balance @ cloudy / AF - mode @ auto-high speed continuous / metering mode @ in camera matrix metering / lighting solution - used a 36" soft box placed from the top at 180 degrees, two 300 watt strobes powered down to 1/4 lumen burst, with diffuser panels placed in front at 45 degree angles, in conjunction with two 22" gold disk reflectors angled from both sides / exposure comp @ -1.7EV / tone comp @ +2 degrees / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - tripod assist, with macro focusing rail / electronic trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

denise ippolito
03-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Gus, Really nicely done-I need you to teach me how to do this-Doing one of these is my goal this year.

Kaushik Balakumar
03-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Beautiful image Gus. I'm enjoying your series of images using flash. In this image I only wish the shadow of the drops on the liquid surface could be eliminated (if by any means possible).
I simply love the pattern formed here.

Julie Kenward
03-21-2009, 12:16 PM
I had the same thought Kaushik did but it's still a very nice image. I was also thinking a little more room at the top of the frame wouldn't have hurt. Sure it interesting how you do these!

Joseph Martines
03-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Gus:

You are giving me a headache!

I feel I was lucky to get out of the first grade after I read your formula's to get these great shots that you work for!!

Keep them coming lad!!

How are your results with a point and shoot : )

Thanks for sharing