PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Towers

Michael Pancier
03-20-2009, 08:49 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3443/3367813970_fc0f09a6fd_o.jpg

Just off of Utah Scenic Highway 128 on the way to Moab .....

what a site....

5d mark II
24-106L @ 60mm
f/13
1/20
ISO 100
Polarizer

Robert Amoruso
03-20-2009, 08:12 PM
I agree Michael, beautiful part of our country. You captured some nice shadow detail. Comp looks good and I like the tree in the LL as it balances the peak.

Paul Marcellini
03-21-2009, 02:35 PM
There's a cloud. Great color contrast here, and the shadows are well handled considering the light. The comp has good balance to it, if anything i would shave a little off the top.

Roman Kurywczak
03-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Hey Michael,
Fisher Towers is one of the tougher ones to get good comps from up close....I always found the view better from further up the highway.....classic Tom Till. I do like the way the formations lead you up the scene.....no climbers either???...that's rare..This appears to be in the morning?...I do wonder if the light even later in the afternoon would have allowed for more depth to the spires but it also could be the time of year.....as that always affects sun angles. Agree with Paul on a little off the top....go figure!

Michael Pancier
03-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey Michael,
Fisher Towers is one of the tougher ones to get good comps from up close....I always found the view better from further up the highway.....classic Tom Till. I do like the way the formations lead you up the scene.....no climbers either???...that's rare..This appears to be in the morning?...I do wonder if the light even later in the afternoon would have allowed for more depth to the spires but it also could be the time of year.....as that always affects sun angles. Agree with Paul on a little off the top....go figure!

this was shot around 3:30 pm local time

Roman Kurywczak
03-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Hmmmm...late enough in the PM by my calculations. Much later....covered with shadows by the Arches shelf.