PDA

View Full Version : Red Tail (Juvi)

RR Donavan
01-27-2008, 02:54 PM
I was looking out of the back window when I saw a squirel running up a 45 degree embankment and a second later this immature redtail hawk pounced on him. I jumped up from my breakfast, grabbed my camera, and without a jacket ran out into 32 degree weather to capture some images. I captured four giges of images before the cold forced me back inside. Because the backyard is a wooded area, clean clear shots were not possible, too many trees. I weathered the cold until the hawk finshed its prey but it just stayed there and never flew off. I was hoping for a flight shot but no such luck. The hawk did let me get close enough to get full frame shots with at 280mm. The 32* with no jacket or gloves got the best of me.:(:(:(

C & C welcome.

Roy

1DmkII, 70-200mm +1.4x, 1/180, f8, ISO 1000

Axel Hildebrandt
01-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Sounds like an exciting experience as long as one is not a squirrel. :) I would try to tone down the whites of the chest plumage a bit.

Ted Willcox
01-27-2008, 05:33 PM
I love the pastel look of the whole image, the autumn foliage,dead leaves, grasses and subject. Nice sharp image, if you could fix the hot spot on the breast it would even be better. Well done.
Yours in Wildness
Ted

Arthur Morris
01-27-2008, 06:59 PM
I like the soft lgiht, the compostion, and the way you chose your perspective in a difficult, cluttered situation.

later and love, artie