PDA

View Full Version : "Lady Lavender"

Gus Cobos
03-19-2009, 04:09 PM
“Lady Lavender”

This pretty lady is painted with a Nikon D2x, using a Nikkor 200mm f/4D IF-ED macro lens with a Nikkor 12mm extension tube.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 200mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/250sec. - f/32 / exposure comp @ -1.0EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close up speedlight system; both light units set to ¼ lumen burst with a wide dispersal pattern and attached diffuser. / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - tripod assist, with macro focusing rail, and manual trigger release cable /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Julie Kenward
03-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Did I tell you I ordered a set of extension tubes, Gus? I can't wait till they get here next week!!! You've really inspired me with the work you've been doing.

This is another lovely image. I do think the bottom left corner would be better darkened a bit to help anchor that part of the image more but gosh it's gorgeous overall. And the DOF...fantastic!

denise ippolito
03-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Gus, I agree with Jules this is beautiful! Very nice colors and the pollen looks like you could reach out and touch it.

Joseph Martines
03-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Gus:

You did it again!!

I have yet to figure out how to use the extension tubes.

The Daffodil Lady is going to try them on ....... daffodils!

Thanks for sharing.

Anita Bower
03-22-2009, 06:20 AM
I love the twisting lines in the center of this flower. Beautiful light and color and detail. You have mastered the use of your lighting equipment.