PDA

View Full Version : Histogram **** - CS4 Mac

Kerry Perkins
03-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Has anybody else found this to be a problem? I cannot, to save my life, get the histogram palette in CS4 for Mac to remain in "luminosity" mode. I have tried everything and each time I open a file (old or new) the histogram comes up in "colors". I have even seen the histogram change in the middle of an editing session from luminosity to "rgb", which is also not what I want. Not saying I don't use those modes, but I would love for the default display mode to be luminosity, which is the first thing I am interested in seeing in an image.

There is no preference (that I can find) for this, and the CS4 documentation says to set it where you want it and the program will remember it. I have this problem on two different computers (work and home) so I don't think it's a computer issue. Any ideas? :confused: TIA!

Robert Amoruso
03-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Unfortunately I can't help you with the MAC, but on my windows version it stays were I put it. Visit the Adobe forums and you may find something.

Dave Taylor
04-10-2009, 03:43 AM
I'm not sure if this will help, as I am still using CS3. But in CS3 you can go to "Window:Workspace:Save Workspace" to save your configuration, layout of your palette's, etc. Is this even an option in CS4? Might be something to look into. If it is there, I'd set your histogram to Luminosity, then go to Save Workspace. Hope this helps.