PDA

View Full Version : Lanner Falcon

Humphrey
03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Hi all,

I have just returned back to Australia from the most amazing Photographic Safari to the Kgalagadi in South Africa. The course was run by Chris van Rooyen and it was such an unbelievable experience I have booked for another two courses this year.
If you are looking for an affordable course to one of the most stunning places in the world you would be hard pressed to beat a course run by Albert and Chris. The Kgalagadi is truly an amazing place and the amount of birdlife is breath taking. Not to mention the mammal and reptiles ect.
I have only started wildlife photography (photography in general) two years ago and after the courses I have done with Albert and Chris my photos (in my opinion) have improved 1million%.
I would recommend one of these Safaris to anybody.

Doug Brown
03-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Humphrey. Love the take-off pose and the great light and BG. I'd love to pay Chris a visit one of these days, and I intend to do just that. I would crop from the right and add canvas on the left; it gives the bird some canvas to fly into and avoids centering the bird in the frame.

John Chardine
03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
This is lovely- the lighting, BG, perch and action are big plusses. I agree with Doug about cropping some from the right but I try to avoid adding canvas if I can, and in this case I think you have enough room for the bird to fly into. Worth a try anyway to see what it looks like.

Humphrey
03-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the comments Doug and John, I'll have a look at a different crop.

Cheers
Humphrey

Kobus Tollig
03-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Super light pose and detail. Ditto crop. Being south african and knowing Chris and Albert personally I can say there work and there courses are great. Well worth spending money on.

Humphrey
03-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Thanks Kobus