http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/3136090343_deeff8383c_o.jpg

Lago Ritom in Piorra Switzerland.
Nikon D70s + Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 @ 18mm
1/60 sec at f/13, ISO 400

Regards,
Neetha.

Dave Mills
03-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Neetha, welcome to the forum. You certainly had some nice scenery to work with. Those mountain lakes are indeed beautiful. A couple of points you might want to consider. In this image you captured one whole lake and part of the 2nd. I think the image would have been stronger if you had concentrated on one or the other. As shown, the image has a tendancy to divide the viewer into two centers of interest which weakens its strength. In photography lighting is everything and in this case it was shot on an overcast day which has made the image look flat. You didn't mention if you used a tripod. If you didn't use one it is highly recommended. Thanks for showing....

Roman Kurywczak
03-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi Neetha,
Welcome to the forum! David does make some excellent points.....and I would further recommend to eliminate the large borders if possible....because it doesn't allow for the full impact of the image.
That said....as I look at the image....my eye is drawn to the mountain on the left with both the road leading me in and also the FG grass. If you crop just the RH side lake out.....You will see what I mean.....all the lines now lead to the LH mountain and lake so exploring an almost vertical comp.....may be worth the effort. You may try Robert's local contrast adjustment to add some pop. It's at the top of the landscape forum under tonal range /contrast tweaks.
Welcome to the forum again and looking forward to more of your work.

Neetha Ramanan
03-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Thank you Dave and Roman for the very helpful suggestions. I will keep these points in consideration at my next shoot :)

regards,
Neetha.

Paul Marcellini
03-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Welcome! Great points you got, I think the left side definitely has more interest. I don't mind the cut-off lake as much but think Roman's suggested vertical composition would be stronger. A little contrast adjustment could make this pop a bit more as well. Great scenery, keep posting!

Robert Amoruso
03-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Neetha,

Welcome to BPN and the landscape forum. Not much more to add to the above comments. I think that a vertical comp would work really well here.