PDA

View Full Version : Post

José Rodríguez
03-17-2009, 09:20 AM
I apologize if this shot shouldn't have been posted in this forum, but it's not a landscape to me....
This is a natural park boundary post. Originally (I think about 10 years ago) it was 1 meter heigth, but dunes usually walk, so what you see is about 10 cm over the sand level.

<table id="Inbox" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Cámara:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">Nikon D40 (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/nikon/d40/)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Exposición:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">0,017 sec (1/60)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Aperture:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">f/9</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Lente:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">10 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Velocidad ISO:</td> <td>200</td></tr></tbody></table>

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/977228611_9478d82b4f_o.jpg

Ken Kovak
03-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Jose,

This is a very interesting and pleasing image. My only comment would be that I would have liked to see the post somewhat brighter, perhaps by using a reflector of some sort.

Also, I do consider this a landscape. A very intimate landscape, as opposed to a grand,scenic landscape.

Thanks for showing this to us.

Ken

Gus Cobos
03-17-2009, 11:09 AM
I like the perspective and the texture on this Jose...the post is placed just right in frame...well composed and executed...:cool:

Julie Kenward
03-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Jose, this does look more like a landscape but it's beautiful nonetheless. I think I might have included a slice more on the left side so we could see the rise in the sand on the outside of the stump just a bit more but gosh, it's so beautiful as it is. The detail and shading are very nicely done. Another thought might be to try to warm the image up a bit unless the sand was really this color. It looks a bit beige and I'm more used to seeing a golden tone so do what's right - you're the one who saw the original!

Dave Mills
03-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Jose, I like the tonality and texture of the sand with the inundations creating interest. I agree with Julie regarding a bit more room on the left. It will help balance the image compositionally. Very creative!!