PDA

View Full Version : Misty forest

Aragorn Aall
03-17-2009, 05:25 AM
I have only modified contrast some. The sun only shared it's light for a very breif moment. Hehe I ran towards the light and fell in a mudd hole up to my waist, I rolled and wiggled out of it with my camera held high and had just enought time to take this picture and a few lesser ones and then the sun dissapeard.

http://2dwrap.com/private/foreste_01.JPG

Canon 400D, 70-300 IS USM.

Roman Kurywczak
03-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi Aragorn,
Welcome to the forum! The image just feels like its leaning to the right.....as all the trees are leaning that way.....so a slight CCW rotation may help there....even though the RH tree appears pretty straight....I would use the 2nd tree as a guide.....easy enough fix. Originally.....I was going to say the sun overpowered the image......but as I sat here studying it......it appears to balnce well with the 2 right trees and the larger grouping on the left. You may want to tweak the sun rays a bit and try to bring them out even more....but I feel you have captured the forest very nicely! Well worth your efforts and glad to see you and the camera made it out!

Paul Marcellini
03-18-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't mind the highlights blown but I think this would make a great bw. Highlights always look better in bw and you aren't throwing away too much color anyways. I like the comp, but agree with Roman on the ccw rotation.

Robert Amoruso
03-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Aragorn,

Welcome to BPN and the landscape forum. Very interesting story!

Agree with Roman, a rotation is needed. Some Highlight/Shaodw adjustment will open up the shadows really well.

Kaushik Balakumar
03-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Don't mind the blown highlights. The light is just superb. Love the darkness around the woods creating that 'forest mood'. Certainly worth the pain Aragorn !