PDA

View Full Version : Another hdr...

José Rodríguez
03-16-2009, 07:23 PM
...of Rasca, Tenerife (same techs as Malpais de rasca)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3648/3360124602_c18972abca_o.jpg

Aragorn Aall
03-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Great shot and good HDR, I really like the great amount of detail expecially in the foreground. The picture feels a bit crooked towards the right, but that might just be an optical illusion. Nice light!

Roman Kurywczak
03-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi Jose,
You either like the HDR "look".....or you don't.....and in this case I do. I may have wanted all the rocks in the bottom FG.....but you have to choose......and you chose well. It's a very strong central composition....with the rocks, mountain, and cloud all centered.......but as they are all dominant parts of the frame.....I feel it works in this instance. Maybe a bit warm for some tastes......but again....for me this has a lot of appeal and very nice textures throughout. Very nicely done!

Hazel Grant
03-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I think the sense of "crockedness" may come from the angles of the rock flow in the FG but then, that's what leads the eye wandering through the photo to the mtns in back, so in my mind, that's a good thing.

Paul Marcellini
03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
I really like the comp and the hdr work is either growing on me or you are getting better. I agree with Roamn about the warm cast. Quickly in color balance I added to the midtones some blue and cyan. I have learned that when a scene has some strong colors you want to accentuate, maybe at sunset, sometimes instead of added more of that color, add the opposite. It helps separate tonalities and makes everything pop a little more.

Kaushik Balakumar
03-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Firstly, a nice HDR rendering here.
I'm thinking of another idea. I love the top half of the image totally. But am bit unsure of the bottom half. I feel that the top half in itself can make a separate image. The reason I feel that way is perhaps b'coz the FG rock too dominant & stop me from looking further into the frame. May be cropping a bit off the FG might help too.
Just my thoughts...