PDA

View Full Version : 2009 A.D. or 2009 B.C?

Lance Warley
03-16-2009, 08:58 AM
We just returned from a wonderful trip to Egypt. The trip was sponsored by Florida Atlantic University. It was conducted from a historical perspective, focusing on the ancient temples, tombs and artifacts. It's hard to believe that these things were built thousands of years ago, because, when you stand in front of them, they look like they were built with modern technology.

From a photo perspective, I tried to avoid "snapshots." This was difficult, because tourists like us were everywhere. To add to the challenge, we were never anywhere during the golden hours, only during midday desert sun. This isn't a whine, because I understood going into it that the trip was organized for history, not photography. So I did the best I could, having fun every step of the way.

The rest of my Egypt shots are on lancewarleyphotography.com.

I hope you enjoy them.

Gus Cobos
03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
This is an excellent composition, image and capture Lance...I love that sky...well, from my perspective, you took us back in time B.C. Nicely done...:):cool:

Julie Kenward
03-16-2009, 12:26 PM
I can't wait to dig through them! This one is gorgeous, Lance. You got a beautiful silhouette on this!

Aragorn Aall
03-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Really nice silhuettes against that orange sky, great composition! Very timeless picture.