PDA

View Full Version : Stardust

Julie Kenward
03-15-2009, 08:52 PM
I was photographing this daffodil today and couldn't get over how the main cup of the flower looked like it was sprinkled in stardust - it literally reflected gold light back at the camera.

Canon 40D, 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Manual mode, AWB, handheld, pattern metering
Natural sunlight and TTL evaluative flash
Processed in ACR & CS4; small crop, curves adjustment, WB adjustment, white vignette around edges, noise reduction & sharpened.

Anita Bower
03-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Lovely. I like how the petals seem to fade away to the sides, with a strong center. I do see the "stardust"! I like the close crop very much. I wish there were no slight gray tint right above the flower.

denise ippolito
03-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Jules, I like the stardust look and the DOF -I'm not crazy about the crop and I usually love different crops-I feel like the stem is too thick for the flower head with this crop(maybe because the image seems so small)does that make any sense. But I like that it's tilted in the frame and the colors look good. The gray area above the flower is not that bothersome-but might be on a larger print- I think this would look better as a larger print! And maybe that's all it needs!

Ed Vatza
03-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi Jules,

I like this image a lot. The stardust/pixie dust adds a very nice touch. I also like the yellow tones and especially how the lighter yellows fade off at the edges. That said, I'm still not sure I like the white background. They just seem so stark to me. But then that's just me, I guess.

Kaushik Balakumar
03-18-2009, 02:41 AM
The white BG works fine for me. Like the vignetting u've added too.