PDA

View Full Version : On the Gerber

Harold Davis
03-15-2009, 05:23 PM
this was taken at butterfly world in broward county, florida. a wonderful place to visit if you are ever in the area. and well worth the money!

D300, Bigma at 135mm, f/5.6, 1/200s, 0EV, ISO 400

thanks for looking. comments and critiques are appreciated.

how's that denise!!:D

denise ippolito
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Harold, Nice job! The colors are fantastic!Your composition is really nice also- I like that it's not over-sharpened it looks very natural.

Gus Cobos
03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Nicely done Doctor,
I like the placement of the butterfly in frame...the orange tones and hues are within the saturation range...well done...also there is a balanced between the soft texture and fine details...good show...:cool:

Anita Bower
03-15-2009, 07:10 PM
The colors pop! I like the orange of the butterly seeming to merge into the orange of the flower, yet, the butterfly stands out. I like the clarity of the butterfly, which makes it the center of focus.

To my eye, the colors are a bit oversaturated. The green leaf jutting up to the upper left is a bit distracting. Maybe a slight vignetting? Not sure.

Julie Kenward
03-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Harold it's a beautiful image but that isn't a gerber...it's a Mexican Sunflower. Butterflies LOVE them!

Christopher Miller
03-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Very eye-catching shot! The oranges do look they might be oversaturated, but I think it works here to create a more spectacular image. Good job!

Ed Vatza
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Very nice image. Personally, I have a thing for oranges that put the saturation envelope which is where I think this is. I don't see oversaturated but it is right on that edge. I like that. And I love the way the orange in the butterfly's wings match the orange of the flower.