100mm Macro lens
ISO 100
2.5 SEC. AT F/32
tripod w/ remote
natural light
cropped

Mike Moats
03-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Hey Denise, very good techs, like the lighting and BG.

Julie Kenward
03-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Really nice lighting, Denise! I like it as presented but wanted to see what it was like with the BG having a bit more punch. I think both ways would work well.

denise ippolito
03-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Jules, I like it but I settled for somewhere in between! Thanks.

Gus Cobos
03-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi Lady Denise,
I like your composition and image as presented, with very soft, pale, and delicate hues...:) I like the center placement of your subject in frame with the precise focus point and depth of field range...this is well composed...congrats...looking forward to your next exotic lady...:D:cool:

Joseph Martines
03-15-2009, 04:58 PM
I think the back lighting makes the image.

Daffodils are one of my banes!!

I, too, was wondering if a solid (black) background would have made it pop more. Then you may have been trying to achieve a more subtle effect.

I always enjoy your images. They help me think how I can be better.

Thanks for sharing.

Anita Bower
03-15-2009, 07:19 PM
I love the light in this photo--makes the petals look so delicate and luscious. My eye goes to the flutted rim, and then to the the scrunched upper stem (or whatever it is called)--I think they work well together. The position of the flower is somewhat formal, but the BG is informal. The BG detracts from the beauty of the formal flower. even though the BG colors are lovely, they don't seem to go with this daffodil.

denise ippolito
03-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Anita, I never considered a daffodil a formal flower-They seem more garden like to me- If I wanted a dramatic look I guess I could pair it with a black BG- I'll try it out the next time I shoot them-thanks!

Anita Bower
03-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Denise: Or, you might angle the flower to make it less formal looking and keep the lovely BG

denise ippolito
03-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Anita, I have so many images with them angled as they kind of naturally slant their heads sideways- Just thought this was different. Thankyou Anita for your continued support!

Ed Vatza
03-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I find this image very pleasing to the eye. Beautiful color and just the right amount of depth for me. Both backgrounds look good to me. It's six of one and half dozen of the other. :)