View Full Version : A new way to "clone"

Jim Poor
01-26-2008, 10:19 PM
New for me at least, but first, the original

http://www.pbase.com/jimpoor/image/90327376/original.jpg

Jim Poor
01-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Now for the cloned version:

This image was created in less than five minutes. I didn't bother to change the position / angle of the added birds so that they will be a little easier to spot.

I didn't use the clone tool at all on this image but rather used the patch tool instead. The beauty of it was that all I did was basically drag and drop the birds into place with "destination" set as the area to be patched. There was no clean-up needed.

http://www.pbase.com/jimpoor/image/90320525/original.jpg

Kenn Christensen
01-27-2008, 01:38 PM
kewl.. I like the effect.. and the fact that only one is a male with red wing patches.. makes him the focal point

Robert O'Toole
01-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Like the cloned creative version. Much better than the origional. Digital creations can be fun and this is a good example, taking a bland image and making it attractive is a good thing.

Getting rid of the bird parts along the edges and the cutt off bird at the bottom would make it stronger and maybe an S curve for more impact and clarity.

Robert

Jim Poor
01-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks Robert.

I agree with all the things you said. If were to re-do this image, I'd choose a wider variety of birds from other frames to keep it less obvious.

I posted this primarily to demo the technique and see what others thought about it.

Kenn,

I was lucky enough to get a few frames with the male fairly centered, I only wish for a more dense flock of birds.

Thanks
Jim

Mike Moats
01-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey Jim, this came out really well.

Alfred Forns
01-28-2008, 08:10 AM
I like it Jim !!!! Excellent ...... but it takes a big time back seat to your avatar !!!! Greaaaat Love it !!!!

Jim Poor
01-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks Al. That's Vern the Bird. He's a ventriloquist dummy of mine. I thought about taking a bigger pic of him and putting in in "Hand of Man" since my hand is, well . . . you get it :D

Alfred Forns
01-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Looking forward to Vern in large size !!!!! Can't wait That is one good looking bird !!!!